The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Thayers Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I have a set of Plans for a Improved subsitution box from 1945. the main problem I'm having is understanding the Plans and the Release mechanism. the Release mechanism seems to of been custom made. and yet they include it in the plans. why did they and is their something I could subsitute it for. Don,
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They included the custom release because that is the original way it was built. The plans are for the original. All plans are of this nature. That is why they sold plans for illusions, because most people would not go to the lengths to actually custom make them.

All you have to do is take them to a machine shop and have them make it for you. Most often they will charge you very little if anything at all.

Most plans do not come with all the detailed information as they assume that a cabinet maker will be able to 'fill in the blanks'. None of the old plans are written for the novice. If you know an old 'shop' teacher you can consult him. He may also have some updated ideas to improve them.