The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Removing paint fro appearing cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Hello:

Hope you can help

I have a mahka tendo appearing cane (metal) and the paint is chipping off. Otherwise the cane works absolutly perfect.

Is there a way to remove the paint of the cane without ruining the metal (springiness, etc=)

That way at least I'll have a usable cane in dark bluish metal color.

Its a pity to have it in storage cause of the paint chipping as it works perfect.

Thanks
Alex
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1654 Posts

Profile of randirain
It's powder coated I am sure, so look up ways to deal with that...
Here's one I found...
https://www.pittsburghsprayequip.com/201......e-guide/

Randi
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I suggest you try paint remover, it took off all kinds of different finishes for me.

Have no idea if it would affect the metal, it may, as chemicals usually create heat during the process.

I don't know why you would not use the cane if it fits your act. You can simply touch up the finish, as it will not be seen by an audience 10 or more feet away from you. The appearance is usually so fast, the audience has no time to notice flaws. Even if the touch up paint is not an exact match, it would not be noticed either.

I have used Epoxy paint on props, it is a very tough paint, and dries smooth, I would use that for touch up.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, randirain wrote:
It's powder coated I am sure, so look up ways to deal with that...
Here's one I found...
https://www.pittsburghsprayequip.com/201......e-guide/

Randi

Listen to Randi. She knows her stuff.
~michael baker
The Magic Company