The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Connector method (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dan C
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dan C
Saw this for the first time today and something is percolating in the back of my head but I need more coffee to coax it out.
Thought you guys might enjoy:
http://swissinvis.com/products/
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
I have this system and it's perfect for certain applications when you want to be able to make something, take it apart and assemble it onsite and pull the joint perfectly tight.
I could send you one of the connectors if you wanted to try it out. The system is expensive but does what nothing else does. You'd still need the magnetic "driver" or have to figure out how to spin a magnet fast enough to turn the screw connector
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Very cool! Cant think of what I would use this for. Hmmmm.
Dan C
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dan C
Great minds Gimpy. I was like this is great what can I use it for........
crickets
Still thinking....
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
They show it being used on stairs and that would help make a good joint but its not like you would ever need to take it apart. They were talking about access covers but nobody else would know how to open it or have the tool. Thinking like a trade show where you had something big you needed to break down to move and set up in multiple locations. I got it! Would be perfect for a large bulky stage illusion you need to pack flat and set up quick.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1653 Posts

Profile of randirain
I don't see how you can ever get them tight. Magnetic fields aren't that strong.

Randi
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
All the magnet does is spin one of the threaded parts which is slightly "loose" in the connector prior to being tightened. It pulls the joint very tight if your joinery is right.