The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Repairing Khyber Kobra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
A friend borrowed my Collector's Workshop "Khyber Kobra" and he broke the motor which rotates about 1 rpm. I need to replace this motor. And I would like to know if anyone here knows where I can find the geared 1.5V motor which rotates very slow but with a very strong torque. It is slower than 1 revolution per minute.
The prop has two motors: one is the geared motor and the other one is the antennae motor. I just need to replace the geared motor. Thanks.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1014 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Ask George from Viking , hes the guy who makes
them, so he will be able to help You.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Hi WayneNZ,
I did email Viking 2 years ago and got no reply at all. When Collector's Workshop was still operating, they were very helpful when my Jumbo Sidekick broke down. But when Viking took over, I never got any response from them.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Magicol-1
View Profile
New user
Orlando
90 Posts

Profile of Magicol-1
Try Emailing George again. He is one of the most usefull people in magic. He WILL help you.
help@vikingmagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Macaw,
Georeg just helped me this morning. I had a small problem with my Kyber Cobra as well. He was VERY helpful. I did find out that the motor you are in need of is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. George is trying to get it worked out so you may need to be patient.
Hope this helps,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
You might try Edmunds Scientific. I bought a geared motor from them years back that has pretty good pull and it is quiet. Since it is a quality catalog they have the specs. You should be able to locate them on the internet I assume.
quack
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you have to contact a company about repairs to a prop, it makes much more sense to either phone or write them than it does to e-mail them. E-mail is not as reliable as snail mail or a phone call.

Regarding the motor for the Kyber Kobra, that specific motor may no longer be available, but there are companies, such as Bodine, that actually manufacture motors. If you know what the voltage, amperage, RPM and torque of the motor are, as well as the size of the shaft, chances are you can find exactly what you need from a company like Bodine or some other similar manufacturer.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com