The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Painting Ceramic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I have some ceramic coffee mugs that I'd like to use for a routine. Problem, they have sports teams emblems on them, and I want them to be ceramic white. I've tried paint stripper and scraping with sharp tools, but I can't make any progress removing the logos. I've resigned myself to painting over them. Any advice for doing so but keeping the result looking like a plain ceramic mug? Or is there another method, like heating in a kiln?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Why don't you just buy some white coffee mugs?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
These are miniatures sold as collector's items. I've looked several places but can't find them w/o printing on them.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Now I understand.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Give it a good sanding and apply cold cure ceramic.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Why not have them Reglazed. Many neighborhoods have a Color Me Mine or something similar.. it it possible to just have them re-fired.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Some good suggestions, friends. Thank you.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ceramic is glazed and fired in a Kiln over for a certain amount of time, that is why you cannot remove it. The best solution is to find a pottery or glazing shop. They usually have classes or you can just go in and glaze a ceramic vase, bowl or cup. They are usually already made and all you do is glaze them. There are also plaster pottery that is only painted by hand type of craft stores and classes.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Awesome, Master Payne! The smaller ones are nearly identical to what I have! Great find and cheaper than whatever bother I would go through to re-coat the others. I thought I had exhausted the search. This is a good day!

Thank you so much.
David