The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: A REALLY old Botania - what to do?? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Hey there,

I have a really OLD, WORN OUT, TIRED Botania (a small one),definately NOT show worthy, and I am wondering what to do with it.

It was purchased mainly to use as a clown gag ie. cover the flowers with powder and when the outer tube would be lifted there would be this "dust" and these wimpy looking flowers. I paid about $25.00 for it.

The outer "crinkle" tube is still great (no dents etc.) and, of course, the inner tube. I would not want to get into re-doing it, so I am looking for some thoughts.

My idea was to strip the production material (flowers, arms, springs etc) off the flower load tube and just cover it with a black material, put a little "handle" at the top and use it as a load cylinder from behind a table etc., ie. you could produce silks from the top and when you lift it a small flower pot, perhaps a small Christmas tree etc. The load could even be made to look taller than the outer tube.

Any one with some different ideas?

Blair
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7680 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Make a Kellar Flower growth out of it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7569 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Give it to KIDabra to use for their opening and closing ceremonies. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
That's sort of what I am thinking Richard, perhaps planting a seed for a magical Christmas tree. Maybe change a Charlie Brown tree into a full one. The "magic" is in the eyes of the beholder.

I was even thinking of adding the wire "legs" to the inner tube so it could be up off the floor and hide behind a tray, or a screen. If using a tray with the proper timing you could even have the pot already on the tray (behind) and as you sit the tray down you bring the tube up and onto it lifting at the same time giving the impression that the pot came from the tube also.

Anyway something to play with.

B
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7680 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Think the Roterberg growth of flowers with magnetic tips.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.