The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Type of hardware? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
At the moment I am a bit stumped as I can not seem to remember what the hardware is called that will allow me to be able to make these two sections shown in red rectangles in the below photo able to be taken apart and put back together. Its a special type of screw insert made of metal but I do not remember its name.

I already have the lift off hinges on order for the legs of this that will allow the unit to pack smaller than it is currently.

Also this is an old escape built over 20 years ago or more by someone in California but I have know idea of who built it. If you recognize this builder please post his name below in this thread?

Thanks
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This trick is called the Stocks of Zanzibar, it is an Abbott's Magic illusion. They sold the plans. I had a friend that made one, David Ginn used it a lot in his Schools.

As far as your model, it just may be a home made illusion. Abbott's painted their illusions, and none were stained wood. It was either a special order or home made.

I don't know what you are referring to, but Abbott's use a lot of "T-Nuts" and "Wind Nuts" on their props.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
There are T-Nuts and threaded inserts. Google both for images and see if either matches what you want.
~michael baker
The Magic Company