The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: New(ish) extnsion of an idea for the Chinese Sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I have an idea for the Chinese sticks that is a natural extension of Roy Benson's approach. I had the idea before ever seeing Roy Benson's routine but nevertheless it is an extension of his approach.

As I have neither the talent or capability or inclination to make my own set I was wondering if there is someone who visits this section of the Café regularly that fancies the challenge?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
..... and now I know there isn't. Smile
Neal Austin

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Levent said he purchased General Grant's brass set and built wood veneer around the brass. Grant may have a few left. He only deals by snail mail. Even though he announced he has retired, he may still have stock to sell. ggmail@aol.com

Norm Nielsen sells his Okito Nielsen Chinese Sticks, was last year $250, now $350 for a set of 3.

There is also some new India wood Chinese Sticks very inexpensive.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Finished-Wood......oryId=-1 you may find them cheaper then this on other sites.

I give this information so that you may find it useful.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Thanks for the info Bill. Much appreciated.

For what I have in mind though I don't think an existing pair of sticks could be altered or adapted. (Although Kovari's version where the string is longer than the stick might be able to be built upon possibly)

My DIY talents are feeble to say the least and I think that due to the design of my sticks they would have to be made specifically made with the presentational application I'm thinking of in mind.

I was hoping that some keen builder here might be happy to utilise my original idea and make themselves a unique unique version of the chinese sticks that does away with what are (in my opinion) some of the unsatisfactory presentational requirements that all Chinese stick routines have.

If they say built a couple of these they'd have a pair for themselves and they could maybe sell me a pair too. Smile

Or maybe even manufacture them for the magic world at large... that would then at last have a pair of Chinese sticks that allowed for a routine that 'made sense'.

but I think this one's going to unfortunately end up staying on the drawing board in my head. Smile
Neal Austin