The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: THE LEMON-LIME BOX! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I'm not sure if it is in best interest to display close-ups pics of any of my original creations on the Café, but this is derivative and inspired by U.F. Grant's Orange Box and Potato Box. I was always fascinated with these effects from the catalogs and could never get my hands on one. In fact now when I see pictures of them, they are a bit disappointing in appearance. So this is my handsome version. I have no idea how Grant's boxes worked, but mine is capable of being shown empty on all sides in and out and will make appear well over a dozen REAL lemons and limes! I also pack it with yellow and green sponge balls and the whole thing overflows! It is one of my favorite's to perform now, since the reactions that I've had. THE EFFECT: The box is shown empty. An audience member is asked for a quarter, to mark it and to place it in a small cloth bag, which can be thoroughly inspected. A lemon and lime are given for inspection and also placed into the bag. I feed the mouth of the little sack through a small hole in the box's lid and close it. The box is spun around showing the bag poking through. THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS! The sack is tugged up throught the hole and is now empty! The box is opened and found filled to the brim with fresh lemons and limes. An audience member is asked to come up and pick ANY of the fruit (And I do mean that it is freely chosen) I place it on a cutting board, slices it open with a knife, to find the marked coin inside! KABLAMO! ALAKAZAM! ZORRO SNAP! lol.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Cardstuntman
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Cardstuntman
The Box you made looks a lot like the Appealing Orange Box in design. Sounds like it you have the routine figured
out better than Mak did. The directions to the Appealing Orange Box are pretty bad. I use a little carton of juice and some oranges and a coin w/ it.

http://makmagicworld.blogspot.com/2013/0......box.html
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I can tell from those pics of Grant's Orange box that it does not employ the loading method of mine, as a matter of fact, I've never seen a production box with a gimmick like the one I've developed and I don't know why. I guess for cost reasons; it's pretty intricate. The trick of course is not automatic and for the routine, I employ several techniques, one of which is from my old beat paperback copy of Scarne's handbook of magic.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Very nice box, I use a lemon and lime ( or whatever the produce store has that day ) for the old MAK Proxy Chests - I always liked this effect and the Bowl on a Pole.

You should put your box effect on video.

Chuck C.