The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Guillotine Escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicman_antalya
View Profile
New user
Turkey
4 Posts

Profile of Magicman_antalya
Hi
I worked on many escape tricks and I practiced much.when I fnish that part I focused on my own design how I can perform it(different escapes all in one with a stage prop..)i think that like we saw same presantation with different ways whic is : guillotine.(head and two hands holes classic).i want to perform it with real sharpy blade but mine idea behind the curtain.i want to make it visual and add some scary thinglike head drop.i need guillotine plan like finger cut guillotine working prosedure just for adding that idea.but proplem is I don't know which book or dvd is close to my idea.if you know please let me know.thanks and have a nice day like a real magic
Regards;
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The reason there are no plans for a guillotine of that size, which fit three holes, and use the classic method is that it's somewhat impractical. In I order to have the "L" do it's thing, the measurements must be higher then wider. So, if you have three holes that are twenty three inches wide then the cabinet needs to be thorty ninehigh.

A head- drop would interfere with the mechanics and if all thee holes were not horizontal the size would need to be even larger.
Aside from very large head choppers the only version that can come close to whelat you've outlined ( if I read it correctly) is a table top Discecto chopper that was a plans- only version... And it does not function the same way.

I must be loosing something here, because in both versions you need a second person to do the chopping and there is no escape, just a chopper type effect.

Sent from my IPhone
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Couple of cheap and easy ones.
The old Abbott's giant guillotine plan.
Breaking the Magican's Code or The Mask Magician, don't remember which, showed a good Guillotine Escape.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Paul_Rheaume
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Paul_Rheaume
Perhaps he is wanting Tom Palmers Dramatique. Head and hands guillotine, simple build (though the width of the stocks needs to be wider than he describes). This unit has a timer that fails dropping the blade prematuraly. plans are in his book and also in Abbotts newest one Dark Matters