The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My New Holey Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I recently completed this Holey Table, used for Phineas' Color Free Table Well and in combination with my Astro-Box to produce a six inch diameter Astro Sphere. The Astrosphere is in the photo, if you care to search for it. Don't post your answers or (more likely) your wild guesses here; you can reach me at magicnook@yahoo.com or at the e-mail address on my profile.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Qua-Fiki made a video of the Holey Table in action (Phineas hates it when I call it that. It's officially his "Color-Free Table Well Table" but that's too much of a mouthful and I will go on referring to it as the Holey Table).
This should help with the "Find the Astrosphere" contest above.

https://vimeo.com/album/1977282/video/44551490
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
The Astrosphere is in the photo, if you care to search for it. Don't post your answers or (more likely) your wild guesses here

Well not difficult to find as there is only one place it can be ;-)
I even spotted the well, what did I win Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
My respect; however until I get your e-mail I have no proof you won. However, I think you can understand the point I'm making - you can actually "see" a BA well, but this well can only be "seen" by inference of a person who thinks like a magician. If you can infer where it is, then you think like a magician and that's a prize by itself.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Pmd you about the obvious well
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
This is a very nice table, you guys are way too critical. The effect is good too! Keep up the good work.

Chuck C.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thanks, Chuck. This is just a proto-type made with a sabre saw as I await the arrival of a better scroll saw for this type of work. After using the table for the Astrosphere, I discovered other advantages for a Holey table. For example, you can make an instant well by pressing down the tablecloth over one of those smaller holes, drop in a small prop or gimmick to make you want to vanish, and later dispose of it in the act of simply straightening out the table cloth. Already other magicians here are sending me PMs with additional ideas for using this concept, so I pay no attention to those who have no use for this kind of innovation.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
No Problem, Credit has to be given where credit is due. Innovation is the key word here, from the looks of this item that is exactly what this is and I feel something totally different. Not to repeat, keep up the great work!

Chuck Caputo