The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: New Metamorphosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Drew Murray
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Drew Murray
Just built another meta this week. Totally examinable. Breaks-down and sets up in minutes for transport if needed. Will be knocking out a few more of these this summer. If anyone is interested PM me.

Here are pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79441412@N0......1623425/

-Drew
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Looks nice, but you need to sharpen your saw blade...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
It looks great.. my ONLY suggestion would be to widen the support boards a bit.. and make the whatzit bigger... bigger means faster... and it won't change the look or the design of the trunk too much.
Drew Murray
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Drew Murray
Thanks...i'm a smaller guy, so it works fine for me but I will keep that in mind for future projects.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Looks good. Are the sides whole plywood pieces? Screws on true separate panels would not be close to a joint as some of yours appear to be. Maybe the photo angle isn't good for me to see properly.
Drew Murray
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Drew Murray
Yes I did that for durability.
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Looks great Drew!
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Great job. I might suggest you use carriage bolts with the nuts on the INSIDE. You want to minimize anything that could snag the curtain on the way up or down. Nice work though.

John
Drew Murray
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Drew Murray
I use the wing nuts to make it easy to assemble without tools. If the wing nuts were on the inside they might scratch the person inside. The curtain is big enough around the meta that snagging doesn't happen. Thanks though!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Looks nice.