The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My Favorite Side Table (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I have posted pics of this before, but now I have figured out how to attach the case directly to a mic stand instead of just putting it on a table. Check out these pictures...

This is the case closed and the mic stand, closed up. It is actually a kick drum mic stand, which makes it small and easily packed for travel.

Click here to view attached image.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Here it is set up. The case has a piano hinge flap top that opens to give you a small close up pad to display items, while allowing you to easily access the case. It is similar to a Laflin Table in that regard.

Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
This shows the inside of the case with the flap open. It shows the hand screws that attach the case to the bracket.

Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Finally, here is the underside of the case that shows how it attaches to the bracket. All in all, it is pretty solid...

Hope you like it. Feel free to give me some feedback. What do you think?

Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Looks like you solved a problem! Good solution! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1163 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Where did you find the case itself?
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
A discount department store, like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Max... One of those places. When I found it, I bought two. I have modified almost every part of the case. Elements from both cases were spliced into one...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
That is awesome looking. Really classy and magical. If you sold those people would buy them- way better than some of the stuff I see for sale. How much do you have invested in it?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!

www.fcm.org/profile/4Hisglory68
ThomPeterson
View Profile
New user
UK & L.A.
20 Posts

Profile of ThomPeterson
Hey Tony, GREAT looking table. I work a lot of cruise ships, and need a special table top, but I'm not interested in carrying the base around with me. I just want to make something that I can screw onto a standard microphone stand. Can I ask you where you got the mounting bracket from, and/or what it's called?
For Professional Real-World Routines, DVD's and Instant Downloads, Please Visit: www.AmazingGuyStore.com

New Items include: Topit-A-Go-Go, and Just Fate. Keep watching for more!
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
Wondeful looking table - really nice job.

Stuart
Stuart Foreman
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Tony,
It looks nice and efficient; good job! Can you estimate how long it takes you to set up, if it's fully apart?

Noting the travel stickers and suitcase look - is this part of a 'theme' for your performance?

Larry S,
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks for the nice comments. The attachment part was from a local music store - Sam Ash Music. It bought a mic stand for a kick drum (short mic stand) and there was a standard attachment that was made for the top of a mic stand. I think it is to allow the mic stand to hold multiple mics. Sorry I can't be more specific. Good luck.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Great job
DanChristopher
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DanChristopher
Here's the flange I use on my tables. Threads onto standard microphone stand - works great and inexpensive:
http://floridamagic.bizhosting.com/flange_4.html