The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Any plans out there.. or maybe off the top of your head? magic table. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
There are a few specific things I want from this. And I'm hoping someone with some trial and error experience can help me not make the same mistakes Smile

1) a music stand as the base. something cheaper than the $100.00 music / lighting stands I see. Any ideas? I need to be able to detach easily from tabletop.
2) what is good type of wood to use for the tabletop? Something strong enough, without being too heavy.
3) I went to Joann's Fabric and found a "premium" velvet for about 26 bux a yard. Is this the best material to use? The cheaper stuff I have used in the past seems to be, one directional fabric? Its soft if you rub it one way, and rough the other. I would like to avoid that.
4) adding a detachable / undetectable servant to the back of it possibly.

Anyone have some good ideas off the top of their head or know of a set of plans that meet most of these requirements? Im trying to model the size and shape off the close up table at the castle.

Thanks.
-Derek