The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Wallet Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
I've never owned any gimmicked wallet. My father has the wallet that put the business card on fire, he never worked with close-up so he has no clue on gimmicked wallets.

Anyway, that wallet that he owns, he made it with a friend in great quality leather and it was like 10$ for each wallet (he made 3), no kidding.

Wallets are expensive, he had the model for the wallet from a already made wallet in a congress, but the quality was extremely poor, cardboard and cheap leather replica. And that he bought it for 30$!

I was saving for an outlaw-effects.com wallet, then I ended in a thread with the LePaul/Jennings wallet and the Mullica Wallet.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a source about them or someone that would sell me the plans/instructions to make a LePaul and/or Mullica wallet?

Just trying to save some dollars, plus it takes like a month for a package to arrive here.

Thanks,

Dante D.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not know of any plans ever published for a wallet. The simplist method is to look at the LePaul Card in Envelope and convert that to a wallet. "The Card Magic LePaul" book is still available.
http://themagicwarehouse.com/BK8278/Card......aul.html

Vernet is in Argentina, a country next to your country. Can you get a wallet from them? They make 3 styles of Wallets currently.
http://www.vernetmagic.com/
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2736 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The Mullica wallet has been described in a few places. I'm sure it's even in the Card in wallet book that Jerry Mentzer wrote. Once one knows how a Mullica Wallet works it's very easy to find a suitable non gaffed wallet and convert it into a Mullica It doesn't matter what style of wallet you use. If you want to use a palm approach then a Le Paul or Kaps Balducci style will fit the bill. If you don't want to worry about palming then Mullica is only one of the ways to do it without palming. If you look around you will even find some decent to very good methods that don't use a gaffed wallet at all. There isn't a best wallet. Just as there really isn't a best anything be it for magic or anything else.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Plans for a magic wallet? Sure! It's the Wizard Wallet in The Wizards' Journal #20, by Steve Dusheck and myself. You make it yourself from an inexpensive wallet of the design we describe (and provide sources for), or you could make it from scratch. It contains a notepad and pencil for performing mental effects, as well as various pockets used in performing Dusheck's Dollar Punch and an Ambitious Card to wallet, plus other effects.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hey thanks for the link to outlaw-effects.com if you guys haven't looked at this web site you should that is so creative
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
You're welcome Bill! I've got kioku and diplopia from them. Great quality magic.

Hegblini, vernet sells the wallet for 85$, like I said, I was trying to make myself... found some cheap ones on ebay and penguin magic sells the BKM for 50$...

About the method, I'm a big fan of palming! but I don't wear a jacket and the stack of envelopes seems like a problem in the area of prop management. I use a strolling pouch, that's why I thought of the Mullica wallet.

Doing more research I've come to the conclusion that the BKM would suit for walk-around and I thought about a presentation with the LePaul envelopes for parlor.

Still thinking about the outlaw wallets to use it as a everyday wallet. The LePaul and Mullica wallets are very big!

Thanks again!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I personally love fire wallets, they grab the audiences' attention really fast... there are few things kids love more than fire!

Danny