The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: In Half by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheMagicOfLuke
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
201 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfLuke
I'm thinking about getting in half sometime so if anyon has built it and has some pros and/or cons I would be glad to hear them.

Thank you,
Luke
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
The good part is that it's cheap... the bad part? It's cheap. I'm not sure it's that deceptive but I think in the right situation you could make it good. It apppears to be a second rate version of Modern Art you can make out of cardboard. I'm not opposed to cardboard or more cost effective building materials. I just want it to be good and strong magic. Rather than improving on Modern Art, it just seems to be a step down so as to make it cheaply. I feel that because if you were to build it beautifully out of wood and the best materials... would it be a good piece of magic (or at least as good as Modern Art)? I'm just not sure.
Ray Pierce
TheMagicOfLuke
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
201 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfLuke
Thank you for the advice.

I wonder if I could build from a stronger but still cheap matieral
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Of course. It's all relative. These are the decisions that each magician must make on their own. How much should I charge? How much should I spend on props? How much should I spend on costumes and production? etc.
Ray Pierce
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I believe that you COULD take Andrew's plans and substitute better materials. Of course, the cost will rise geometrically.

I am doing this with his Specter Cabinet. I also plan to use his "Bi-Section" in my show.

I have found Andrew to be very friendly and open to questions. Why not e-mail him and ask his advice on how to do this?
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society