The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Source for "Eraser Felt" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I am looking for something, and the only way I know to describe it is that it resembles the felt that blackboard erasers are made from, only much thinner (about 3/16" or 1/4" thick).

Do you know what it is called or where to find it?

Thanks...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Don't know about the States, but it's called industrial felt over here in England.
I use it for buffers, top protectors and making sanding blocks. I scrounged the piece I've got, but it is widely available, usually in roll form and of differing thicknesses.
Okay, I've just had a quick Google and came up with this in America:
http://www.aetnafelt.com/
So, it's called the same over there!
Happy hunting.
Cheers, Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Thank you. My search for "felt" turned up about nine million results, none of which were what I was looking for.

I found it for sale at Amazon, also, but I haven't found anything about thickness. I'll keep looking.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I turned up a few sources searching specifically for "1/4" industrial felt", one from Amazon that has sizes from 3/16" to 1/4" sold by CleverBrand, Inc. Look here. However, it's the same price at the CleverBrand.com website, and it said to enter "32100989-150" on your shopping cart page to get 15% off.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Great! Thank you for finding that.