The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Card pips? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Does anyone out there have, on their computer, a file of Bicycle card pips? I don't have a scanner, but I have an idea for a prop I want to make. Before I ask a friend, who will ask questions, I thought I would ask you guys!
Thanks for the help!
Alex
Weird is part of the job.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Everyone has the pips on there computer. It is part of the true type fonts.

While in your word processor or a program like Microsoft Publisher. Open a Text box, then from the insert menu, Click on "Symbol", then find the heart, diamond, club, and heart. You may have to change the current font list you are on (in the symbol box at the top of the font symbols), but they are there.

They are small, of course, but being they are True Type, you can drag a corner and enlarge to the size you need. For the heart and diamond, you will have to change the color to red.

Hope this helps.

If you don't like that method, just scan a card and crop the image to one pip. If you import it into Word and make it a Word image, then you can scale it if you want. No scanner, why not? It is one of the most important part of computing. They are really cheap now also. Store your books and instructions, and burn them to CD.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5489 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Alex,
Have you seen THIS TOOL?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-08-16 22:37, Magiguy wrote:
Alex,
Have you seen THIS TOOL?

Chris has all the tools needed to make nice gaffed cards in the home studio. For $250, a card gaffer could go into business. You could do just about anything except splits for shims with his rounder, trimmer, paper, coatings et al.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is cool, but I dislike having to work online, as designing does take time, and to work on an online program is tedious.

I did not see what printer is recommended for the printing.

The playing card stock is cool also.