The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Spirit glass photo pendant for proximity (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
I'm working with a jeweler on making a see-through photo locket which can house a proximity tag. Since it's being made from scratch, I'm thinking of trying to use spirit/ghost glass as the glass. I don't own one of these spirit glass effects whereby a forced card reveals itself in the glass. http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Glass-Magic......00WLV08S
I know this glass would need to be cut down to size, but I am also thinking the width is fatter than useful. I'll be checking one out at a local magic store shortly. Any other ideas on a pendant which houses a proximity tag but also...?

I have in mind each side being distinct insofar as content under the glass, IE: a quote on one side and a photo on the other to make use of the heads/tails feature of the tag.

Ordinarily I wouldn't try to combine effects with one item, but a "which hand" effect almost asks for a juxtaposition.
Pendulum is a nice bi-product regardless.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12056 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good thinking. Trying to clarify if the tag allows you to know which side, so far it does not look like it.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Craig's recent proximity tags do, I believe. I'll test one later.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12056 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I was wrong, they do. Now if anyone else has an item in mind that allows for which side, please post!!

Decomp
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The solution for the ghost glass is sold separately. So, you can put any image you want on the glass.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 06:40, wmhegbli wrote:
The solution for the ghost glass is sold separately. So, you can put any image you want on the glass.

You can buy it at an auto parts store!!
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
That's good news. I expected it could be hand designed, but thought too much processing would be needed. (And it may not be cost effective, as the spirit glass is less than $20.)

It does open the door to reveal something other than just a card, although a card is still the most useful.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Looks like you could make several with this DIY setup from Viking.
Seems like the sensible way to go, although I'm still not sure what I would write other than a card force.
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Actually, ESP signs for a force or coincidental choice from something such as Promystic's MD could play well.