The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Case for My Dancing Springs Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I need some suggestions for a case of some type to protect my Dancing Springs Table.

Here is a picture from Charlie Fenn's website, just to give you an idea of what the table looks like.

http://www.dancingspringmagic.com/tables_indx.htm

I would like to avoid a road case because the case can cost more than the table.

As a side note, dealing with Charlie is a pleasure. When you buy a table from him, Charlie stands behind everything he sells. I had a small problem with the table that was not his fault, and he sent me the necessary items to correct the problem and step by step instructions for the fix. Charlie is a top notch guy.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I've packed my things in anything from canvas covers to simple plywood cases with foam jammed in around the prop inside. How inexpensive and how much protection are the things you need to decide.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I had a seamstress make me a large bag. It has two sides for the base and top, and I had a sleeve made for the pole. Works very good and is easy to transport.
I can take some pictures and send to you if you would like.
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I forgot to mention it cost less than $20 total.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Why not get a cheap fiber case made for it? Get it unlined and line it yourself. There may be a cheap fiber drum hardware case that will fit, too.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I suggest you just make some bags with pad already built in them, like the material sold a fabric shops for oriental clothing. It has fabric on both sides and fiber padding between the material.

I think a Pullman luggage case will hold the complete table. Then, you will have room for other odds and ends.
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Hey bro,

Got a couple of leads for ya. Call me tomorrow.

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Guys,

Thank you for all of your suggestions.

David