The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: What would you do with this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Check out this box...

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/......gBox.jpg

I found it for $3 and had to buy it, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I actually bought two that match. The top opens with a hinge like a case, and it has a cool latch. It has rope handles. The downside is that it is not light.

It seems perfect for a routine with dynamite, or some old fasion push down handle explosive device.

So, here's the question... What could be done with this? Any ideas?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
No photo came up
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 23:17, ERIC wrote:
No photo came up

Nope but I want to see the boxes.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Strange. Let's try it again...

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/......gBox.jpg

How's that?
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You could use it to carry the most dangerous card trick in the world.

FWIW Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's good. Thanks.

That is an interesting box. Its got handles on it like an Ammo Box.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 23:00, Tony Thomas wrote:
Check out this box...
The downside is that it is not light.

You sure it's empty?? Ha-ha!!

Not sure what you could do with it, but probably anything except airline travel!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Oh., you have to do something pyrotechnic with that!

How big is it? Its hard to tell scale in the photo.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
Pull it out whenthe kids or adults act up
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Not sure either, but like yourself If I had seen this I would have bought it also.

lol

Don
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks for the feedback. It is about 17" square and 7" deep. I like the idea of putting something in it and having it brought out in this box of mystery and danger.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Load it with spring snakes and have a member of the audience open it for you.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Produce a duck that ate dynamite.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Just put it on stage with you, use it for a seat for your Volunteer assistant to sit on. put a smoke machine inside and as your talking to the volunteer the smoke starts to come out of the box.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Great ideas. I love the spring snake idea. I saw a David Ginn dvd where he reminded kept telling the audience, "there is not a snake in this box." Then at the end it was a spring snake box. I love it. Unless a better idea comes along, that is the one I will be going with.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 17:18, Tony Thomas wrote:
Great ideas. I love the spring snake idea. I saw a David Ginn dvd where he reminded kept telling the audience, "there is not a snake in this box." Then at the end it was a spring snake box. I love it. Unless a better idea comes along, that is the one I will be going with.

That is a funny idea. I laughed when I read it the first time but then I wondered how you'd load a box full of ten or twelve spring snakies with only two hands Smile Im sure there's an easy way to do it though.

Ahhh, Ive got it.

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I will have to watch the DVD again to remember the details of how the box is made. The DVD was "Hats, Rabbits, & Swords". I think the method was basically pvc tupes the size that would hold one snake each. This case could hold six to eight snakes. I will have to create a false top (a thin board) that slides in the side over the top of each tube. One by one, you fill a tube with the snake and cover it with the board. When all are covered. You can close the real lid, latch it, and then slide the board out, causing the snakes to be held against the actual lid. Once you open the top, bam, they all fly.

But I have to remind all of you, there is no snake in this box. Whatever you think, there isn't a snake in the box. This will be a running gag until finally someone finds out what is in the box of mystery.

I can't wait to start on this one. Do y'all want to see pics along the way?
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Load from the opposite side. As each snake is loaded, seal it. You won't need to open it again until the next reloading. The box lid serves to let them all fly at once.

If you let a spectator open the box, be sure to have a mop handy! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 18:34, Tony Thomas wrote:... Do y'all want to see pics along the way?

Of course.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is my idea. Use the boxes for your act material and work out of them, attache them to bases.

Now, open your act by carrying one out with you.

Now say, Hi, my name is Tony Thomas, my friends call me TNT for short. As you can see, I have a real Dynamite show for you tonite, you will get a big bang out of it.

Now open the lid and have several 'bingo' devices set to go off. Act surprised. Set the cap devices to go off right after each other in a series. You could put a some mini flash pots to go off as well.

If you do Professor Nitemare (MY Favorite Rope Trick) dye the rope green or buy green rope and work out a presentation about Dynamite wick being to short or long and you need equal.

Randy Rain is selling a Dynamite chinese sticks and if you can get your hands on the old P&L Ching Soo Fire Cracker, that was remade by R&T 1 and I think 2 also made a set.

I think there is a lot you can do presentation wise with those boxes. For a $2 bingo device search exploding toilet set. They just stick on in a very small area.