The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Making smoke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'm about done building a wiz kote and was wondering what should I use to make the smoke? I am putting together a glow plug ignitor. I will use flashpaper with it but what should I add to make the smoke? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Try THEATER EFFECTS. Google them. they make igniters and different colored smoke cartridges
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Black powder in the flash paper will make smoke.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Smoke powder.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Of you want something safe.. and small and 100% non=toxic.. rechargable.. and something that runs without cords on a rechargeable battery... look no further..

and contaced Sylvester the jester for this Lil Wonder Pocket Volcano...

I beleive Kevin James has them for sale on his site.. if not.. call him.. I know he has a few. Or order directly from Dan Sylvester.. he's on here once in a while..

he's also on Facebook
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
PS.. it's TINY!!!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Is the Sylvester version similar to a modified electronic cigarette?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Lou:
NO! Sylvester makes the ENTIRE unit in his shop. The smoker and the atomizer are literally made from scratch.. I've seen him make them.. and a LOT of care and hassle go into each unit. The cigarette units blow a puff... Sylvesters units can creat BILLOWS of smoke.. for up to 30 seconds at a time!!

His unit uses regular ZERO fog fluid.. but it doesn't cannibalize any existing fog unit.

It's a brilliant piece of engineering.. and it's so small I hid it in my hallween costume this year.. 4 hours of blowing smoke out of a "hole" in my throat.. and I changed the air tanks.. but even the battery!

it's an amazing little unit. not as cheap as some.. but less than others..
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, guys. I'll let you know what I end up using. And I'll post a pix of the finished prop.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...