The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My Mismade base is too big (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Years ago, I bought a mismade on eBay for a song. It was built for a large man. The base is probably twice the width of the cabinet. I think it's too big. Also, I stupidly had blades made out of steel. So my blades are too heavy.

Can my illusion be saved?????
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Yes. How much can you eat?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Funny answer, Chance!

Make new blades from aluminum. Sell the steel to a scrap yard to help fund the new blades.

You can also build a new base, as long as it properly connects to the bottom box. You did not mention if the boxes were oversized, as well. Although they could be dismantled and somewhat rebuilt to a smaller size, it would probably be less of a headache to just build a new Mis-Made. You could, if need be, sell the current one to fund the project of a new one. Just be sure to study the construction well (take photos, make notes, etc.), so you'll know how to construct the new one.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Maybe didn't shake cans enough. sprayed to close. Krlon is a good spray paint. I don't think primer was the issue