The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Teflon Sheets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I found this and wanted to share the source. These are teflon sheets with no adhesive. They do offer sheets with pre-applied adhesive as well as die cut (I ordered some 1" circles)The price was right, the service excelent. I found using a good grade of adhesive transfer tape will hold the film. The preapplied adhesive was a little tough to work with for a couple of reasons.
Think about wood items with moving parts that make noise or bind. Like a silk cabby. This is the solution.

http://cshyde.thomasnet.com/viewitems/fi......orward=1
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Thanks for that source. A friend of mine has used small discs inside Kirkendall reels to replace the playing card discs.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Thanks.
I was just looking to buy teflon sheets for the Tommy Wonder Nest of Boxes illusion, version 3, I am working on. I have never worked with teflon and assumed that adhesive on one side would be convenient.

Tpax,
Did you use teflon that was etched on one side for it to stick to the adhesive tranfer tape?
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I used the sheets that I linked to. There is no etching. I used a 3m brand adhesive transfer tape designed for glossy surfaces. I got it from Uline.
The prices are pretty inexpensive for the film, try both types.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks for the teflon info, tpax. I can certainly use them in different ways.