The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Cool Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
Just discovered something very cool at my local liquor store. Absolut Vodka has come out with a limited edition "Absolut Disco" plastic bottle cover that fits completely over the vodka bottle like a clam shell. The cover splits in two with a plastic hinge on the bottom and is held together with a locking cap on the top. The best thing is that the whole cover bottle, as well as the lid, is faceted like a disco ball, and even has a loop on top of the lid to hang it. Well then again - maybe the best thing is the vodka inside? Of course you have to be of drinking age to buy one (Hey mister - if I give you an extra couple of bucks can you go in and buy me one of those Disco Vodka bottles?) Anyway, I can imagine that when a spot light hits it, the disco bottle would really look good. I didn't know liquor companies made magic props! There are several things we do-it-your-selfers can do with this - my first thought was to load it with a silk fountain (and maybe a small airline bottle as the final load?), and load the disco bottle into something like Kozaks bottle production or?
I did get this from a Canadian liquor store, so I don't know if it is available over the border (it probably is). The bottle cover was a bonus and came with the vodka, so it didn't cost any more than the original bottle (about $25.00 CDN), but if it is available in the States, I would imagine the cost there would be a lot cheaper owing to the huge amount of taxes we pay on booze here. Our government likes to punish us for consuming alcohol by taxing the cr** out of us, but doesn't take into account how persistent we drunk magicians can be. I would have paid that much just for the cover (I don't drink an awful lot of hard liquor), but the inside liquid is more of the bonus!
Anyone out there have other ideas this might be used for?
Bruce
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
I guess the attachment was a little large to be accepted last time. Here it is again.

Click here to view attached image.
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"