The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Box size for small rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I have been messing around with a new type of production box.I would like it to be the proper size for production of a small rabbit. The box is about shoe box size with a load area half the size of the box on a 45 degree angle like a MI***R box.I know many performers use a small breed of rabbit but don't know how much space to allow. Any clues would help

Gimpy
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
There are several varieties of dwarf bunnies. I'd think a web search could get you sizes but you want to make sure you have room for the creature to lie down and be comfortable.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hi Gimpy,

I originally bought Abbotts elusive bunny box for my bunny production and it was perfect with the young Holland Lop that I purchased. Unfortunately, my bunny kept getting bigger until it was about 6 lbs. Abbots was kind enough to do a partial trade in of the standard bunny box for their jumbo box which he now fits in nicely.

The elusive bunny box sounds similar to what you are describing so I would think the dimensions used by it would work well for you. From their website they say that the jumbo box measures 14 x 11 x 13.5. I don't have the measurements of the smaller one and it doesn't appear on thier website that I can see.

Mike