The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Prediction boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Hi all,

I'm looking for instructions for building a prediction box.

does anybody can lead towards ressources?

thx.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
You can't go wrong with "Box Office." Mind, Myth, Magic; Waters.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Thanks.

I can see some cool use of this.

but in this instance I was looking more for stage predictions.
Thx
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you are looking for a Nest of Boxes type thing, you'll find lots of methods in my "Building a Better Nest" in The Wizards' Journal # 13 on my site. Using a Nest of Boxes (or bags, burses, envelopes, etc.) for predictions is just a matter of presentation once you have a method you like.

If you can wait a bit, I'm putting the finishing fouches on "The Chest of Cagliostro" in the Mini-Mysteries section of my site. This e-Book outlines the original presentation by Jean Eugene Robert-Houdin, with a subsequent follow up performed on live TV by Robert Harbin, to my own simplified version that can be adapted for a variety of predictions, as well as for sending items back into the past a hundfred years or more. That should be complete by the end of this month (March, 2009).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1185 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Geoffrey Durham's Professional Secrets has plans for making a very cunning box. Mind you, it requires a fair degree of woodworking ability.
Jolyon Jenkins