The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Hi all! Where can I find plans for a small production box. It must be possible to use it in different light conditions and situations.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Much depends on what you wish to produce. Here are a few sources containing a variety of production box-type apparatus. Some of these are OOP, but some are easily found.

"Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic"
"Tarbell Course in Magic" (8 volumes)
"The Berg Book"
"Jack Hughes World of Magic" (3 volumes)
"The Great Illusions of Magic"

Several volumes of "Genii" & "MUM" in which Paul Osborne contributed plans

"Science & Mechanics Handbook of Magic" (available on The Learned Pig Project)

There are others, but this should give you a lot of choices.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of trey
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 16:23, Magiciko wrote:
Hi all! Where can I find plans for a small production box. It must be possible to use it in different light conditions and situations.

What do you want to produce? That would narrow it down a little.

Trey
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Check out Jim Gerrish's Hardboard and Duct Tape Magic section on my site for a variety of boxes designed for the "Do-It-Yourselfer," as well as various production devices scattered throughout the Wizards' Journals.

In the "SMALL BOX" category, I specifically recommend my Tangerine Box from The Wizards' Journal #16 (typically a 3" cube to 5" cube in size). If you want a real challenge, try the "Seven Sided Herbal Tea Chest" from the same issue #16 of the Wizards' Journal.

Jim Gerrish's "Production Tubes" from his Hardboard and Duct Tape Book 1 are also quite small; not much bigger than the small fishbowl in the picture.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Sindre
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Sindre
Thanks guys! Very helpful answers! What I need is a box that can be seem empty in front, and produce a orange
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The Tangerine Box is just the right size for that. The e-Book includes plans to build it from wood, but there is also a quick and easy cardboard box version that can be made overnight from a Dollar Store gift box so you can try it out right away to see if it works for you.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals