The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Vanishing birdcage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I have an old Chicago Magic vanishing birdcages (Blackstone style) and it is need of repair. Anybody know of person that could take on a task like this. I used this cage all the time until it had a malfunction. I want to use it again and not just look at it on the shelf. Thanks, Mike
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2009-01-10 20:03, IDOTRIX wrote:
I have an old Chicago Magic vanishing birdcages (Blackstone style) and it is need of repair. Anybody know of person that could take on a task like this. I used this cage all the time until it had a malfunction. I want to use it again and not just look at it on the shelf. Thanks, Mike

Jim Riser has worked on them, try him.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Thank You, I've e-mailed him. Mike
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I can also fix them.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
520 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I have an abbotts that was fixed by abbotts a few years back they may be able to help as well.

z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
If they are still in business!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7680 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
They are still in business.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Do you know something Jay?
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
I didn't' want to start a new thread on this subject
I was at a magic store recently and found a vanishing bird cage in the used section and knowing it is like 45 dollars I snagged it up for 10 however it has no instructions
I have the cage and what appears to be an arm band that will never fit my arm lol with rope and a clip but no elastic as I am sure it needs it
if anyone can help or send me some instructions or advice on how I can get this all together I would appreciate that.
I know I don't have a lot of posts on here but to be honest a quick search and most of my questions are already been asked and answered so thank you all for the posts you have done in the past.
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
184 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Check out Tommy Wonder's BOOKS OF WONDER and/or the L&L video VISIONS OF WONDER Volume 2. You might not go through all of the extremes Tommy did with his setup, but it's very enlightening.

Ross
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
What I really need to know simply put if I was to have bought this brand new in the box what all would have came with it
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Go back to the magic store and ask the dealer that question. I'm sure he will have no problem in guiding you, since you bought the prop from him.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 12:07, preston eakins wrote:
What I really need to know simply put if I was to have bought this brand new in the box what all would have came with it

I PM'd you way back on the 9th, read your Private Messages and you will have your answer. We cannot discuss secrets in an open forum. When you get 50 posts you can post questions of this nature in the Banquet area which is not open to the internet.
Howard Hamburg
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Howard Hamburg
Instead of using the arm strap replace it w/a loop of heavy clear mono thread,slipped over the left thumb.after the cage is gone bend over a bit behind your table or other blind,or offstage,get out of the loop and the cage will slide easily out and you can discard it quickly.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 17:07, Howard Hamburg wrote:
Instead of using the arm strap replace it w/a loop of heavy clear mono thread,slipped over the left thumb.after the cage is gone bend over a bit behind your table or other blind,or offstage,get out of the loop and the cage will slide easily out and you can discard it quickly.

That is Pete Biro's idea as he has mentioned several times on the Café, and published in his old lecture notes. I never could overcome the line cutting into my thumb.