The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Track for Assistant's Revenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
A good while back there was a thread about the best curtain track to use for Assistant's Revenge, but I don't know that there was a consensus.

What have you used/do you recommend?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
A buddy of mine used track that is used in hospital rooms for the curtain that separates the two beds. Check out: http://www.medicalproductsdirect.net/curtain_track.html or do a search for medical supplies, hospital curtain tracks for more resource options.

Lyndel
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
How do you bend this?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
You don't. You can buy sections with 45 or 90 degree bends included, and cut them to size as needed.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Found this. it may work for you. it is plastic but looks like you can form it any way you like.
http://www.konnectinternational.com/
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Thanks. I just found that website and was about to post it, so you beat me to it. Looks pretty affordable, but I wonder about its durability.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
You might go ahead and contact them. See if they'll send you a sample so you can se if it meets your needs. I did that once with a packing company and ended up with a BUNCH of envelopes and boxes of different sizes.
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
http://www.konnectinternational.com/

as mentioned above. I bought the lightest track and rollers awhile back for a different illusion and am very pleased with the quality. as stated above, it is plastic so it will eventually age as all plastic does. it does bend to shape, but has a minimum radius, so ask when you order. the rollers move freely, as you would expect them to. they also sent samples of the 2 heavier tracks and rollers.
bob
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
jcmazzolado
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of jcmazzolado
Thanks for the info guys. I am building an assistant's revenge right now and this is going to help out a good bit.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
While the discussion is on tracks, I'll just tag mine to the topic and ask what type of track would be recommended for 'Modern Art'?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 02:17, Christian Illusionist wrote:
While the discussion is on tracks, I'll just tag mine to the topic and ask what type of track would be recommended for 'Modern Art'?

Following advice from a Café member, I used Delrim plastic, and machined mine to interlock, in much the same was as wooden runners on dining tables. Delrin is a very slick plastic. A Google search should turn up many sources.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I made my own from simple bent aluminim bars, and hung the cutain from hooks which had teflon tubing slipped over them so they slid easy and fairly quietly.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com