The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Putting pics on props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I just finishing making a "Skeleton in the Closet" and even though I can draw and paint I had trouble getting the extra skeleton head to look identical the first one. While shopping at OfficeMax I came across paper labeled as "Make your own Bumper Stickers." White paper with a sticky back.

After importing my picture of the skeleton I wanted to use, I printed the pictures out and they stick perfectly to the blocks. They will even peel off without damaging the finish. (That is if the surface is solid and not falling off.) To make it permanent I sprayed it with a clear lacquer.

For those of you who cannot draw, it is a great way to dress up your props or make new ones. One hint, once you print out the bumper sticker, let it dry for an hour to make sure it won't smear.

Hope this is helpful,
Rick
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
Great idea!! What size do the sheets come in?
David
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
8 1/2" X 11", standard paper size
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Nice to know! Thanks!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Thanks for the tip.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3045 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
There is also a product where you can make your own decals. I found it at MicroMark, but there maty be other sources. Apparently it comes in 8 1/2 x 11 sheets too. And... tah dah... they also sell a liquid that helps the decal "vanish" into the surface.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Office Max also sells a clear 8 1/2" x 11" decal pack that works in your inkjet.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/p......ID=45263

P.S. I think you can buy a $10 pack if you purchase at the store.

Dan
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7569 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Avery also makes white label sheets in the full 8 1/2" x 11" size, which are meant to be run through your printer. I use them for various projects.

Is the bumper sticker product a thicker stock?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
This product is identical to bumper stickers and is plastic based, not paper.
Rick
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
I recently ran across a clear material for printing vinyl "window clings" on an inkjet printer, they will stick to glass or anything glossy, peel off and are re-usable. It's available at Office Depot.
Think about the display screens on cell phones, calculators, PDAs, etc.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Thank you so much Rick.
I have a Hudini poster (replica) that I have been thinking of glueing on to an antique red box with black metal corners.
This box is for shows and I thought that when I open it the postered lid could face the audience.
So now I am thinking that I could scan the poster and print it out on the bumper sticker paper. You could also find other pics on the net and stick them onto your boxes etc to add some class.
Along the same line I needed a cloth to cover up my Fearson's box so I found some interesting pics like the one on my avatar.
I used iron on paper, with this you can take any electronic pic and iron it on most kinds of cloth.

skol,

Eric
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
DStachowiak,

Do you recall where you saw the "window cling". Do you know if you can print on with an inkjet. Would love to have this.
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com