The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Pavel's Rings - May I have some advice please? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Everyone,

I've always been a Pavel fan and having just bought his superb Rope and Pot Pourri magic on VHS, I'm very keen to start to make some of these wonderful effects. The main problem that I am encountering is how to construct the rings that he uses in a number of his effects. Are they made of cardboard or very thin ply? If so, how would one cut them out with precision. Are they commercially available?

Many magical thanks to all.

Lester
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Lester:

Here is Pavel's website - I believe Danny Archer is still his US representative, and carries all of Pavel's products.

http://pavelmagic.com/us/mainhome.php?p=home1

Ron
elbruno
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of elbruno
I saw these at Pavel's recent lecture to our magic club. The rings are made out of a thin plastic material. I don't know where you would get the material and I suspect that cutting them as cleanly as the ones that Pavel uses would be difficult. You are probably better off getting them directly from him.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
I have the Pavel's rings on rope, never used them ,i live in Sheffield. £12 +postage.
elbruno
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of elbruno
I don't think that the rings on rope are the same as what Lester refers to.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
One source for thin plastic material is a sign shop.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Iam selling a new set of pavels rings, I live in uk. 20 pounds.+ postage
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Sorry I should have stated rings on rope.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Price went up, eh?

They are probably laser cut by a CNC type machine. Once programmed, a CNC can cut out thousands per day at a cost of pennies per piece.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com