The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Dulling Replica Sword Blades for Basket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hello Clever-Builder Types--

I’ve just purchased four “replica” swords for my Sword Basket,
they are double-edged broadsword style.

My question is:
How can I easily and quickly at home
(I do not have a shop or tools either, really)
further dull the blades so there is no chance of cutting.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Walt
ianfarnish
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of ianfarnish
Hi There.
Theres a few things you can do easily and quickly. You could use some emery cloth or sandpaper on a wooden block to dull down the edges.. if you do have a power drill you could attach a sanding wheel.

Hope this helps
Ian
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Hi Walt, I actually dull my blades quite a bit, no desire for accidents! As such, I put a full round edge onto them and I first did it using a flat or *** file. The one I used is about 10 inches long, and a bit over an inch wide. It might seem like overkill, but it lets me remove more metal in one pass, and is more comfy on the hand, Oh! be sure to get the wooden handle for it. Realize this will give you a sort of matt finished edge, but that will look different form the shiney bit and actually look like an edge! Be sure to put newspaper down first so you don't get fileings into the rug or woodwork floor!
(yu can alwys pick up a small hand sander with some 80-100 grit paper and go at it too)
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com