The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Ok, help with plans... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Drew
View Profile
New user
Earth
39 Posts

Profile of Drew
Hello, again! I just got in Paul Osborne's Simplex Sub Trunk plans.

I know, this is my third subtrunk post. But, please bear with me as I'm new to illusions and building them as well.

This post is differant. I'm looking at Paul Osborne's Simplex Sub Trunk plans here, and there are a few things I want some help with understanding. If you have built HIS Sub Trunk, you help is greatly appreciated.

First of all, I don't understand the steel edging/metal framing. Where do I buy that, and how do I cut it? DO I use power tools? Also, when it illistrates the t***, it shows it bending as the t*** bends. Now, unless you bend the metal, you would need to make 2 metal frames and nail them together. But, wouldn't the planks of wood just fall apart? I'm confused about the metal edging.

Second, the curtain. I'll sew it mysef using my school's sewing machines, but what should I use as framing? His plans call for metal tubing. Will PVC piping do just as well?

Third, should I nuild the dolly for easy transport? Did you build it?

Thanks, Drew
BTW I'm TWELVE YEARS OLD!

But i'm still really good. I do magic for kindergarten at my local elementary school, and everybody in my school loves my tricks.

Please treat me like an ADULT! Thank You! Smile
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Ive built one and I don't use the metal frame.

and yes, pvc works great.

Ill built mine to take apart so it packs flat.
Drew
View Profile
New user
Earth
39 Posts

Profile of Drew
Quote:
On 2007-06-09 23:05, ricker wrote:
Ive built one and I don't use the metal frame.

and yes, pvc works great.

Ill built mine to take apart so it packs flat.

If you don't, then how does the t*** stay together?

But i'm still really good. I do magic for kindergarten at my local elementary school, and everybody in my school loves my tricks.

ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
I glued it with Gorilla Glue...it's an expaning glue that has amazing holding poiwer. You could also add bicuts in the wood to hold it, for extra reinforcement.

Make sure you use 6-10 clamps too (pressure is important). Iet it sit clamped for 24 to 48 hours. We've used it in hundreds of show and it just doesn't come apart.
Drew
View Profile
New user
Earth
39 Posts

Profile of Drew
Quote:
On 2007-06-10 11:12, ricker wrote:
I glued it with Gorilla Glue...it's an expaning glue that has amazing holding poiwer. You could also add bicuts in the wood to hold it, for extra reinforcement.

Make sure you use 6-10 clamps too (pressure is important). Iet it sit clamped for 24 to 48 hours. We've used it in hundreds of show and it just doesn't come apart.

Ah! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks!