The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Cloth for vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I recently performed a vanish of a person using a zombie-type gimmick and a bedsheet, although for this method, the sheet was a bit on the heavy side. I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion where I could find a more suitable cloth. I was thinking maybe a cloth like the one used for the ashrah.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I have used the material that is generally used for lining suits. I don't what it is called there, but here its known simply as "lining silk". Obviously its not silk but synthetic and rather light (still there are lighter fabrics). Its really shiny which makes it look good on stage.
Sent from my Typewriter
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Usually lining fabric is a light rayon or acetate fabric. (Just ask the nice folks at the fabric store)When it is really lightweight, I suggest a double layer at least for a portion as the lighting can give it away if you are not careful. ALSO, beware the flamability factors, you may need to get it sprayed.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Now I knew there's gotta be someone who knows these things better than I do! LOL I have found that a single layer will work (though the ones I use are propably on the thicker end of the scale). The shininess actually helps a lot in that regard. But in that case, yes the lighting needs to be right.
Sent from my Typewriter
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Hey Geo talk to me at the next ring meeting about this I have a resource you'll love.
Mike