The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Mini asrah base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey,

I want to try to build the base for the mini asrah, but don't have a lot of building experience. any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Pete
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
How big?
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
It's the mini one, so I'm not sure. About the size of a Barbie Doll.
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
You are in luck pal.

I am building a mini base model out of cardboard for my next project.

I can guide you along for building the mini base. Maybe instead of cardboard you can use you own selection material. Wood...balsa wood.etc..

Pm me if you are interested.

Cheers Pal.

Regards
Aaron Chee.
Ace Illusions

Email: info@aceillusions.com
Mobile: +65 81836672, Facsimile: +65 62530656
www.AceIllusions.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I encourage building your own props, but does the mini version of a floating Barbie doll actually have to be an exact replica of the grand illusion Asrah? Strange as it may seem, there is another solution to floating (and vanishing) a small plastic doll that can be found in The Wizards' Journal #10 in an article called "Houdini Séance Trunk." The trick there is COMPLETELY different from an Asrah type effect, but if you check it out, you will see that what you are really after is a way of exchanging a doll for the gimmick to do the floating part. Using the solution given in that article, you could lay the doll across your palm, cover it with the Asrah cloth and float her from your hands rather than from a couch. Just remember, you can do things to a plastic doll that you could never do to a human (without getting arrested!).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals