The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Enchanted Cube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Can someone help me build an Enchanted Rubix Cube? I don't want to spend a bundle on one, when I can make one myself.

PM me or E-mail me please.
I will be very greatful.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Back in the 80's when the trick first came out.. you could buy extra stickers for the cube at Spencers....

Since you normally ruin the stickers when you try to peel them off a cube.. I'm not sure how you could make one yourself now.

It's not THAT expensive.. and you should buy an original, from the inventor.. and give him some $$ for coming up wiht a GREAT and long lasting effect.

Or you can be a typical magician.. steal the routine.. and give the inventor nothing... including credit.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Who is the inventor? I first saw Doug Henning do this years ago. Is the Hank Lee cube an authorized version?
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
Daryl is the creator of Enchanted Cube. If you wish to make your own, you can get his lecture notes that teaches the effect at http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=400101
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
CoinCon
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of CoinCon
I was very blessed that when I was doing TV magic years ago I got to see Doug do this trick. Rich Marotta has a cute little off version that you might like.

Marsh
Bobby Motta
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bobby Motta
This might sound stupid, but what if you mess up the order?
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
You can get several sets of Cube Stickers at the Rubiks website. You can also
get Blank cubes from them.

Another website will get you Plastic Razor blades for scraping the stickers off a cube easily.

As a word of advice - Learn how to do the Cube naturally as well.
Took me about 2 weeks to get it under a minute. Now its a cool priceless skill that
adds a very nice segment to my show.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
First, Daryl now owns the rights to the Enchanted Cube, but the inventor was Craig Nichols.

You can still get the stickers kits at https://secure.rubiks.com/lvl2/index_lvl......1=inform

Richard Osterlind has a routine for solving the Rubik's Cube while blindfolded on his new DVD set called No Camera Tricks. He uses his own stainless steel blindfold, but mentions that you can use many other blindfolds.

If you do the Enchanted Cube, assuming that you can keep track of the position, you can do it with a legitimate blindfold.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Yes, Dennis is correct in stating that Craig Nichols is the inventor. Craig is from the Phoenix area, and when he first came up with the trick, is was meant to be a joke that he showed some guys at a local magic shop and then at a local IBM meeting. He did the trick, and he was surprised that it fooled everybody.

In the early days right after Doug Henning performed it, sales were high...Craig lived in a dorm at Arizona State University and hired guys in the dorm to make the cubes.

Ron
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
It costs between $20 to $30 to build your own Enchanted Cube which is about the cost of a new Enchanted Cube. I built my own after buying the original because the Rubix brand cube rotates smoother than the Enchanted Cube.
Tripnastic
View Profile
New user
St.Louis, Mo
7 Posts

Profile of Tripnastic
Can the enchanted cube be examined?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 00:36, Tripnastic wrote:
Can the enchanted cube be examined?

Well sort of, beginning absolutely and after, you can reset and let them examine it.

Above someone asked what if you mess up the order. You will for sure, and if so, you just have to take it apart and put it back together. I use mine often, especially for kids shows. I have several so just in case I do mess up one, I have another one on hand in my case. I bought my original from Hank Lee then the rest I purchased from Walmart (original cubes).