The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Removable double sided tape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Murdoch
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Murdoch
Hi everyone.

Does anyone in the UK know where to get double-sided removeable tape please?

I have a couple of David Regal DVDs and he uses it quite a bit, but have so far not found andywhere that sells it.

Thanks for your help. Smile
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Murdoch,

Are you able to get single-sided removable tape in the UK? This is not the answer you're looking for, but another option might be to use removeable single-sided tape with permanent double-sided tape, if the extra thickness is acceptable. Just stick the two on top of each other, leaving the removable sticky surface facing outwards. The other surface of this combined hybrid double sided tape is more permanent.

I do something similar to this. I make my own hybrid double-sided tape by sticking double-sided removable tape to double-sided adhesive transfer tape. (I suppose the removable tape could be single-sided, but I've never tried it.) The adhesive transfer tape is very thin (it's essentially just adhesive and not really "tape") and adds almost no thickness to the double-sided removable tape. I like this setup better than plain removable double-sided tape because in most cases I want to insure the tape predictably stays put where it should. Otherwise you have a 50/50 chance as to which surface will release.

Another option would be to use regular double-sided tape and reduce the stickiness of one or both sides by sticking it to your skin several times. I've done this and it works, but I prefer the hybrid tape approach only because it has worked more consistently for me. I've used both methods with cards and have found the hybrid approach will still reliably release even if the cards are stored stuck together for months. In my experience the regular tape will bond more permanently over time, even when given the "skin" treatment.

Cheers,

Ross Hironaka
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Too bad we live so far apart. I just bought some by mistake. I was very disappointed with it. It does not hold nearly as well as regular Scotch Tape. I think even a Post-it holds better.

Look before you leap. I don't think this product is ready for prime time. It needs a lot of work.

It is a poor substitute for magicians' wax.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com