The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Enamel Paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
Does anyone know where I can find Enamel Paper (very glossy and waxy and used to resemble a candle ala "The Candle and the Flame" in Tarbell, Vol. 1)?

-Eric D.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I would check stores or individuals who handle scrapbooking supplies.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
A quick search for enamel paper indicates that it is used by printers. You may want to go directly to a large printer in your area (a real one, not Kinko's), or check with a company like International Paper and find out who, if anyone, in your area is carrying that item.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I used to make imitation candles from ordinary wax paper, rolled around a wooden dowel several times. It looks very real, whereas the glossy white paper tends to look more like a Fantasio plastic candle. However, I have found gift wrapping paper from my usual favorite source (the Dollar Store!) in both glossy white and glossy black (for wands).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
There are "premium coated" glossy papers to be had from suppliers, usually easiest to get a single page or so from a local printer. The glossy stuff is usually a coated paper, and for many years that coating was a form of clay!
It adds weight and sheen to the paper.
You can (of course) go Google and find online suppliers, but that will get you a whole ream of paper, and likely more than you need unless you are going to make a nice quality printed brochure or flyer.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com