The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Electronic Voice Recorder & Playback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Does anyone know where I can pick up a small, cheap voice recorder and playback with a decent sized speaker? I want to create a message, then have an item reveal the selected card. However, I would like it to be activated via a motion sensor or some like device.
Thanks, everyone!
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
I'd hook a digital voice recorder to a motion sensor...
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
I've hacked cheap voice recorders from talking gift tags (found these on closeout at Fry's Electronics years ago for a buck or so) and talking voice picture frames (often on sale at Radio Shack). These allow you to record several seconds of audio, enough for a card reveal. If it's not loud enough, you could hook it up to an amplifier with some work. To trigger the voice recorder, you could wire a relay across the "play" switch and trip this with a motion sensor. You can also replace the play switch with a mercury switch (trip by tilting), magnetic reed switch (trip by magnet, PK ring, etc.), or any number of other switch options.

Ross Hironaka
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Radio Shack makes an inexpensive, small Recording Module, complete with speaker. The speaker doubles as a microphone, or you can connect a line input. It stores a little over 20 seconds of sound. We use it in quite a few White Magic props. The part number is 276-1323.