The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Pull Out Lights... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
I'm looking for the pull out lights used in rack mounted power strips. I only want the lights, not the AC outlets. Does anyone know where to find these? I've done quite a bit of searching, but to no avail.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Check the thread in FX section.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I'm not 100% sure what you are after, all my rack mount pdu's are light free. Can you describe them a bit more, there maybe an alternate supply.

of course I may be way off.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
I'm looking for the tubular style pull out lights found on the power distro panels. I don't need any AC outlets on it as I'm having to mount a seperate front accesible power strip. Though, if I could find one that had the AC outlets on the front, as well as the pull out lights, I'd be a happy fella.

Click here to view attached image.
Stuart Coyle
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Stuart Coyle
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
I'm looking specifically for the tubular pull out variety...
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Profile of Mark McDermott
Check out American Audio.com and click on power distribution panels.

Hope this helps!

Mark
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve, but if you are trying to get light on the same side as the outlets, I use a night light in the back of each rack so I can see what's back there when working on a dark stage. That leaves the pull outs for the front panel knobs etc...
Learn something new everyday.
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Maybe this is not the solution: Use some aluminium rod and mount some 1.25 watt led or if you want it really bright some CREE led on the rod - the led needs it as cooling. If you have grinded away some part of the rod (where you want to place the led) the rod can be mounted in a tube and pushed in and pulled out. Some stops will be useful. In general you copy the professional tubular pull out version with 19" wings. This would be no problem for me (lathe and CNC milling machine are here), but it can also be done with much simpler tools.
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
I may have to tinker with this...