The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Just bought Obborne Book 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
khuber
View Profile
Regular user
SLC Utah
125 Posts

Profile of khuber
I just bought Obborne Book 1 and I will be building the New Palanquin. Wish me luck. This is my second homemade illusion. I built a sub trunk that I use for a metamorphasis illusion.
Time for some fun!
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I am considering this in order to build a french guillotine. Are there actual plans in the book, including dimensions and construction details, or just descriptions? Thanks -

Bill
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
The books really only scrath the surface. They are good books, but my opinion is that you really need the specific plans fro each that come with dimensions etc. If you ar a beeter creaftsman than I am (many of you are) you may be able to make it fly just from the book.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Stuart Coyle
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of Stuart Coyle
I am in the process of building a Guillotine from the Osborne book. I've had to draw up my own set of larger scale plans based on those in the book to get a good grasp on what I'm doing. I'd suggest that for any project like this making your own working drawings is a good idea. It really gives you insight into how to construct a piece. Also you can make changes based on your own needs, available materials etc before committing to cutting timber etc.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Don't forget to post pictures for all of us to drool over!

-Bryan