The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Re banding a flipper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, I have been struggling to re band my flipper coin... am I missing something here or is it simply stretching the band thin enough until it can pass through the tiny gap at either side of the small section that is still fixed to the main body of the coin.
regards
Alan
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
The "small section that is fixed to the main body of the coin" should be held in place with a small dab of impact adhesive. You should be able to carefully prise it out, clean it up, reband it and stick it back in.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I am not sure if I understand you - are you trying to replace the band with the small section still attached to the shell? The gap on a well made flipper coin should not be sufficient to allow the band to be replaced without removing the unit from the shell. You want to remove the small section, which should be adhered with some sort of double-stick tape or other adhesive (I gently slide a utility knife blade under the small section, being careful not to bend the shell), clean the back of that section as well as the shell, then replace the band (making sure there are no old bits stuck inside the groove) then reattach the small section to the shell (Todd Lassen and Jamie Schoolcraft both recommend double-stick tape, and I have never had a problem using this). Good luck -
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Ah the proverbial penny has dropped. I could see the hole running through but was not sure if I needed to remove the leftover part, now I am fully aware that this part does indeed need to be removed and refitted.
Well done guys, bravo

Regards and thanks

Alan