The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Help Wanted - Wonder's Zombie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I have a similar question to Mad Jake's. He can't paint (neither can I); I can't work with metal. Any suggestions for how to find a metal worker (or whatever type of craftsman might be needed) who can fashion the adaptations to the Zombie described by the late Tommy Wonder in his Books of Wonder? The book provides very clear diagrams and explanation on constructing the adapatations.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Bill Rubie
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
61 Posts

Profile of Bill Rubie
You might ask around if anyone has a friend that works in a machine shop or fabrication shop. Some of the smaller shops will be able to do stuff inexpensively.

Or try a community college or trade school.
Good luck
Bill
When a person starts off a factual statement with "They Say"...

Please ask, who are they?

Bill
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
One of the best places I've found in the past is the local high school if they have a metal shop program, if not maybe a local jr. college might have one. The teacher is generally a pretty good metal worker, has a top production shop line of equipment and generally works pretty reasonably. I built my first illusion in metal shop in high school,and found that the shop teacher was a great resource for such work.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."