The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Building Pavel's Walking Knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Is there any resource out there that shows you how to build your own? The effect is absolutely KILLER, but the price is also a killer Smile

I searched his DVD series, and his rope ones mention how to build gimmicked ropes. Is that the same gimmick that the Walking Knot uses? (ie: would I be able to build a walking knot if I get his DVD)??
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Save your money and buy the real thing. That is the best thing to do.

Best
Ray
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
Rabbitt...

You obviously haven't seen the work that goes into the walking knot. You could't make the simplex version for what you can buy it for (around $100 bucks). It would take you days of trial and error and tons of rope before you came up with a useable one.

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
I was just curious if the gimmick rope he talks about on his DVD is the same gimmick used in the walking knot. I don't own the dvd (yet)...but was just curious.

Thank you for your comments Smile
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I have had 3 in the past many years... go with the original... I also use the simplfied know in a illusion act
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
Brian M.
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Brian M.
Please support the creator of this effect. Although the concept is simple (and great effects usually are) this should not be a do-it-yourself project. It must take them HOURS to make one of these (not to mention all the research and development Pavel must have put into it). If it's not made and performed properly, you'll end up looking like an idiot on stage.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Rabbitindahat:

Yes, Pavel does show how to make his gimmicked rope on one of his DVDs. It is same method as used on his Walking Knot routine. However, he goes over the explanation quickly, and doesn't go into much detail. I also think it will take a person a long time to be able to learn to make the gimmicked rope. Pavel is an artist at it.

I think you'll be disappointed if you get the DVD, expecting to be able to make his gimmicked rope.

Ron
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions (and warnings Smile)

When I move to "stage magician", I'll invest in his original walking knot prop. I can only imagine the amount of time and practice it would take to get it just right...not something I'd want to risk doing wrong (which I probably would Smile)

Again, thank you all for your replies.