The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Custom Beer Caps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
Perhpas someone can provide some advice here.
I am working on creating an effect with beercaps and require some cusom manufacturing done.

Does anyone know much about how beer caps are made?

I went to my local make your own crappy beer store and they have caps that are flat and all are standard sizes.

Think...Transposition, Nesting, [ over a regular beer cap.

Having said that, and if you can visualize what I am trying to create, do you think there would be a demand for this type of effect? I am thinking of all the restaurant and bar workers.

Thanks,
Will//
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
First, it will help you to know that beer caps are commonly called "crowns." Most will be very close in size but you can do quite a bit with imprinting, etc. Try this site for starters-
http://atlaslabels.com/Crowns.html

A Google search should yield you some more options. Good luck!
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
You could take regular bottle caps.. and have shells vaccuformed.. vaccuform plastic comes in every thickess in the book.. the hardest part my be finding a finish that matches.. but as long as you paint the caps and the shells with the same paint.. you'll be fine..

If you're REALLY serious.. take a look at this site. they have no minimum order, they're nice.. and they sell KILLER stuff.. really really amazing stuff. they're not cheap but they are the ONLY company in the world that makes what they make..

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/fantasy......hart.htm
blink_inc
View Profile
Loyal user
Hamilton
278 Posts

Profile of blink_inc
I had never thought of plastic. Thanks for the thought.I am making a trip to the local beer store, some of the imports may have a cap that is larger that a domestic.

The link you gave is quite interesting for something else I am working on.

Thanks again,
will
I am a Sankey addict....please, help me!

My name is Will, my company is Blink, an experience in transposition.
Random_Hajile
View Profile
New user
Xi'an, China & London, England
35 Posts

Profile of Random_Hajile
I saw an effect once (and one that I now do) that just uses normal crowns. You basically pop the top off a beer bottle (with that lovely little psst noise), let people see it, vanish it and then it re-appears on the bottle and it does the psst again when you take it off. And usually after seeing that, my friends all buy me beer and I get psst, which is also lovely.
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Which is pretty darned funny if you have a rudimentary grasp of British slang! Smile
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering