The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Signaling Device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Im looking to make a signaling device, one-way, that uses vibration as a silent way of communicating. It needs to be relatively small, and have a reange of about 50 feet.
Im heading to radio Shack today, but was wondering if anybody had any good ideas they could share on this project?
Thanks!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Radio Shack was of no help. Looks like I may be buying one of the marketed items.
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I do not know if this will work or not. However, I was thinking that a small cell phone in vibrate mode placed in a pocket. You could have a cell phone with the other's number on speed dial. The ones with a walkie-talkie feature with a PTT button may work better for this situation.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
There are also devices used and marketed for children that might do the trick. Little two way text message communicators and the like.
Go to toys r us, and look for kids spygear and in the girls section by electronic diaries and such.
They'll have them.
Gwyd
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have experimented with some of the "Help Call" buttons that they sell with a vibrating feature, however, most are too noisey or unreliable. And they are too big as well
seidedennis
View Profile
New user
Denmark
97 Posts

Profile of seidedennis
Don't wanna sound to kinky here, but there are certain "adult toys" out there (I'm told) that should do the trick.. Perhaps you ought'a change there appearance so you don't come off like some sex maniac though Smile
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Range on the urm...radio controlled buzzing female undergarment item you are talking about is only about 15 feet.
But at least you're assistant would be smiling.

And there is nothing wrong with being a sex maniac.
Gwyd
seidedennis
View Profile
New user
Denmark
97 Posts

Profile of seidedennis
Quote:
On 2006-10-03 08:57, gsidhe wrote:
Range on the urm...radio controlled buzzing female undergarment item you are talking about is only about 15 feet.
But at least you're assistant would be smiling.

And there is nothing wrong with being a sex maniac.
Gwyd

LOL
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3635 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Hilarious!! Now you have me thinking...............