The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: New Spooky Prop for Owen Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I was contacted by Illusionist David Seebach about creating a prop for a 'Peppers Ghost' type Illusion being built for him by Owen Magic in Azuza.
Thought you might like to see it: http://grindshow.com
If not, I thought I might like to show it to you anyway... Smile
It's based on a plastic skull and had to be very bright to pull off he Illusion. Otherwise I would have made it more 'Mummy' realistic in coloring. Under the right lighting though it looks pretty cool. Talk about deadlines!! I got the skull in yesterday afternoon and by 1:30 am it was 'put to bed' along with three othefr 'Zibits' I was working on at the same time. Will be delivered today for testing and then the big shows in October.

Thanks for looking...Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Waay cool, as always, Doug! I always enjoy looking at your excellent creations!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Nice work - very spooky
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Doug,

That looks fantastic! You are getting me in the mood for Halloween!

Regan
Mister Mystery
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Love it Doug!
The work around the mouth and teeth is amazing.
Very cool!
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks all.

Gwyd...I don't know about 'amazing' but thanks my friend. The stuff I do and put on my site is just another way of applying for the next job. I don't think I have done anything 'amazing'...not yet anyway. Smile

Regan: I thought of you as I painted IT. hahaha. (Last years avatar?)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 11:17, Doug Higley wrote:
Thanks all.

Gwyd...I don't know about 'amazing' but thanks my friend. The stuff I do and put on my site is just another way of applying for the next job. I don't think I have done anything 'amazing'...not yet anyway. Smile

Regan: I thought of you as I painted IT. hahaha. (Last years avatar?)

Doug,

Flattery will get you everywhere! Glad I could help! It's almost time for my annual transformation.

All kidding aside though, you are 'da man, and I think your work is amazing.

Regan
Mister Mystery
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
You might not call it amazing...But the lips and teeth on the dang thing gave me the creeps.
That's not easy to do.
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well Gwyd...if anybody deserves the creeps...yo do. Smile
(That's a compliment)

Monday (I think) I'll be driving up to Owen Magic in Azuza, to deliver the goods. I can't wait to see behind the scenes at this shop!! If you haven't worked your way through their site, you should. ( http://OwenMagic.com ) The work shop looks mighty nice and the Illusions these guys custom build populate Las Vegas (and the world's) stages. Incredibly Fine work. Really an honor to have been selected to provide a finishing touch for one of the Illusions.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 13:47, Doug Higley wrote:
Monday (I think) I'll be driving up to Owen Magic in Azuza, to deliver the goods. I can't wait to see behind the scenes at this shop!!
While you are there please pick up a set of their 12 inch linking rings for me for christmas Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sure! And there's this 1950 movie poster that I really want that you can get for me. Only $175! Happy Holidays!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-09-29 14:35, Doug Higley wrote:
Sure! And there's this 1950 movie poster that I really want that you can get for me. Only $175! Happy Holidays!
sounds like a good trade to me considering that the 15 inch set is $750 Smile
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
There are a lot of Owen props I would love to have also. Doug, let me know if you want to trade something else.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Here's a blatant plug, everybody. Do you want to see this in action? David Seebach presents his "Illusions into the Night" Halloween Show for several weeks each year. If you can make it to Milwaukee, it's well worth the trip. I know ... I visit his home about once a week and get to see the "sneek preview" as this show comes together each year!
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Update: You won't bee seeing Doug's prop in Seebach's 2006 show. Owen's can't deliver in time ... but Doug managed a one-day completion! Chalk one up for Higley!