The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Making a Square Circle (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sirsephy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of sirsephy
This should be an easy question for you experts. I built a square circle and found the hardest part is getting the right set of circles. The inner one I have is smaller in diameter then I would like. I think that it should just fit but it is smaller then that. For those do it yourself types, where do you look for concentric circles? Or do you make them yourself, and if you do what kind of material do you use. Oh, I picked up a can of Pirouline cookies and a emptly container of clorox wipes. Showed it at the local ring and didn't hear any complaints, of course my family at home like wise hasn't said, oh I see what's going on, so I guess it's working but if ever I do it again for a different size it might be nice to have some ideas.
Thanks,
Dick
"You offered hope to the weary heart
In charity's sacred name;
You brightened the world with a blessed art
That counts up here the same." Alexander Herrmann
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
I used a jumbo phantom tube that I bought at a magic shop for the outer tube,
and a 4 inch diameter PVC pipe for the inner tube.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Depending on how much money you want to spend you can go to a metal shop and they will make you the tubes to your specs. There are a number of people on here that can give you some really good advice on the tubes. Everything from metals to cardboard. I used a heavy papaer,a little heavier than poster paper for an outer tube on one square circle I made. The inner tube was made out of a really heavy paper, can't rememeber where I got it but it worked great. I would say go as inexpensive as possible, note I did not say cheap. Spend a little on it and find what works. Mkmagic had a good idea with the 2 tubes. If you start to brainstorm then you will come up with something really good. Also look in the "workshop" forum, there is all kinds of threads about square circles.

Good luck

Steven
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Check here.

... and welcome to The Magic Café! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I have used plastic tubing. I am not quite sure of the type of plastic but its dark gray, easy to sand and paint. Cheap too.
Sent from my Typewriter
sirsephy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of sirsephy
Thanks for all the replies. Didn't realize there was a workshop forum. Michael thanks for the link, that's just what I was looking for. So now when I have the time to do another of a different size I know where to go.
"You offered hope to the weary heart
In charity's sacred name;
You brightened the world with a blessed art
That counts up here the same." Alexander Herrmann