The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Cane and Top Hat table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I just wanted to share an idea for this forum - I was fortunate to find a small camera tripod at a yard sale for only $1, and it is the kind that has 3 retractable legs that snap out with a flick of the wrist. I spray painted a dowel rod gloss black and fitted it into the tripod, then put a fitting at the top that connects with another fitting in my tophat, and now I have a cane and tophat table for under $10! I know I was very lucky to find the retractable tripod for only $1, so keep your eyes open at yard sales and flea markets and you never know what you could get.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi JKVnad, How if I give you $3 profit, I buy your tripod $4. :o)
I really like your idea....
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think what you are looking for is a small desktop tripod for cameras. Look on ebay and see what there is on there.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
After I found this tripod at a yard sale, I did a search on ebay to see if there were any others like it, but I didn't find any there. I found many small tripods, but not the kind with the retractable, snap out legs that are necessary for the tophat table. The thing is, since I bought it used at a yard sale, I have no idea what it's really called so it was hard to figure out exactly what to search for on ebay. I tried several different names, but couldn't find any others. Just happy to have found one like I did! ssucahyo, thanks for the offer, but I'll keep mine! Smile